Remote Learning Offer
If a class bubble or the whole school is closed due to Covid 19 we will:
- Provide live online lessons using Google Meet platform with a minimum of 3 per day, starting within 48 hours of closure.
- Provide a minimum of 3 hours worth of learning for children in keystage one and 4 hours worth of learning for keystage two. This will be a mix of live lessons and follow up activities.
- A week’s worth of learning will be provided as a hard copy pack and posted on the website. This will include at least 4 pieces of reading, writing and maths and a variety of foundation subjects. Most of this learning will be a direct response to the online lessons and is designed for the children to complete independently.
- Children in EYFS will have learning activities posted on the SeeSaw App as well as online phonics and maths.
- Home reading books will be made available to children
The EYFS Curriculum
Children in Reception follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. It is divided into 7 areas of learning and children are assessed against these:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
The following booklet provides further information for parents/carers.
The National Curriculum
Children in Years 1 – 6 study the National Curriculum. Subjects are as far as possible combined into topics to aid understanding and make learning relevant and exciting.
The National Curriculum applies to pupils of compulsory school age in maintained schools. Although Lewannick School is an academy, we have chosen to use this curriculum. For each subject and each Key Stage, programmes of study are set out what pupils should be taught in which year group.
Please follow the link below to read the national curriculum document:
Core Subjects – Reading, Writing and Maths
The following documents show the progression of knowledge and skills that children at Lewannick will learn from EYFS through to the end of Year 6. We plan for a spiral curriculum whereby children build on previous knowledge they have learnt.
White Rose Maths calculation-policy – This is the progression of skills with the 4 maths operations
The following links provide the Intent, Implementation and Impact statements for the Core Subjects
At Lewannick School we very much believe that children should be at the centre of their learning and should have a say in what they would like to learn.
Each topic is planned using progression sheets, which show the skills the children will learn throughout the half term. The progression across the school will be monitored to make sure each year group is challenged and the curriculum meets the needs of all children.
The following documents lay out and explain the progression of knowledge and skills that the children will learn in each subject.
Cornwall Agreed Syllabus 2020-2025 Unit Outcomes – This is the agreed syllabus for RE
The following links provide the Intent, Implementation and Impact statements for the Foundation subjects
We have whole school topics in which the wider curriculum subjects are taught.
Please follow the link to see how each term is planned
Summer Term 2020-21 Why is it that….?
You will find the knowledge, skills and vocabulary that each class will learn during this topic in the link below.
Spring Term 2020-21 – My past, present and future
The links below will explain what each class will be learning during this term.
Autumn Term 2020-21 – Where would we be without science?
Each class has a more detailed overview of the term which includes what the children will be learning within each subject. Please see the class pages to find out more.
Click on the following link to view the Grammar Glossary:
Please see the following document for more information about assessment:
Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2 National Curriculum SATs tests
Please click on the following link for further information on the 2017 SATs for KS1 and KS2: