Welcome to Kilmar class, we are a fun filled, hard working group of pupils in Year 4 and Year 5.
The staff in Kilmar this year are;
- Class teachers – Mrs Morris (Mon – Weds) and Mrs Darnbrough (Thu – Fri)
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Mr Waters
- Teaching Assistants – Mrs Dinnis, Mrs Roseveare and Mrs Beckly
We will work on a number of topics over the course of the year, which we will have chosen ourselves. We love variety and our topics will reflect this.
Life in Kilmar isn’t just about maths and literacy work, we have weekly music lessons with the amazing Mr Harrison (every other half term), PE sessions with specialised sports coaches and on Friday afternoons, we’ll expand our considerable extra-curricular skills during Discovery Learning time.
Things to note:
- Our Homework Policy is currently under review in order to streamline homework across the whole school. As soon as this has been signed off by our Governors a letter will come home explaining what homework will be set, on which day and when it is due to be handed in. This will include details of weekly spellings and the spelling test.
- PE sessions will be every Wednesday and Thursday, so please have the appropriate kit in school.
- Reading Records need to be used by the children. They are required to read a minimum of three times a week and record this in their yellow book. They then need to get an adult to sign the Reading Record as evidence that reading is happening outside of school.
- There will be the opportunity for pupils to go on a residential trip in the summer term, to places such as Bristol, Penzance, France or Porthpean Outdoor Education Centre.
Keep checking this webpage to see the exciting learning opportunities we will experience this year.