Remote Learning Offer
If a class bubble or the whole school is closed due to Covid 19 we will:
- Provide live online lessons using Google Meet platform with a minimum of 3 per day, starting within 48 hours of closure.
- Provide a minimum of 3 hours worth of learning for children in keystage one and 4 hours worth of learning for keystage two. This will be a mix of live lessons and follow up activities.
- A week’s worth of learning will be provided as a hard copy pack and posted on the website. This will include at least 4 pieces of reading, writing and maths and a variety of foundation subjects. Most of this learning will be a direct response to the online lessons and is designed for the children to complete independently.
- Children in EYFS will have learning activities posted on Tapestry as well as online phonics and maths.
- Home reading books will be made available to children
The National Curriculum
Children in Years 1 – 6 study the National Curriculum. Subjects are as far as possible combined into topics to aid understanding and make learning relevant and exciting.
The National Curriculum applies to pupils of compulsory school age in maintained schools. Although Lewannick School is an academy, we have chosen to use this curriculum. For each subject and each Key Stage, programmes of study are set out what pupils should be taught in which year group.
Please follow the link below to read the national curriculum document:
Click on the following link to view the Grammar Glossary:
Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2 National Curriculum SATs tests
Please click on the following link for further information on the 2017 SATs for KS1 and KS2: