Welcome to Kilmar class, we are a fun filled, hard working group of pupils in Year 4 and Year 5. Over the summer holidays we have been on the move! Our class has relocated to be along the corridor from Trewortha class (Year 6) and we are very grateful to all of the staff and parents who willingly gave up their time to create such a brilliant learning environment. Thank you!
The staff in Kilmar this year are;
- Class teacher – Mrs Young (currently on leave)
- Class teacher – Mrs Morris
- Higher level teaching assistant – Mr Waters
- Morning teaching assistant – Mrs Milne
- Afternoon teaching assistant – Mr Sparks
- 1:1 teaching assistants – Mrs Beckly, Mrs Drake & Mrs Taylor
We will work on a number of topics over the course of the year, which we will have chosen ourselves. We love variety and our topics will reflect this, starting with our first topic of Rise of the Robots.
Life in Kilmar isn’t just about maths and literacy work, we have weekly music lessons with the amazing Mr Harrison, PE sessions with specialised sports coaches, we’re starting French this year and on Friday afternoons, we’ll expand our considerable skills during Discovery Learning time.
Things to note:
- Homework will be set every Friday and collected every Thursday. The tasks will consist of spelling practice, times table practice and a maths or punctuation/grammar task. Occasionally, the maths homework will be set via the Active Learn website. Alternatively, it may take the form of a work sheet, a challenge question or mini research project.
- PE sessions will be every Tuesday and Friday during the autumn term so please have the appropriate kit in school.
- Group spelling tests will now take place every Friday morning.
- There will be the opportunity for Year 4 pupils to go on a residential trip to Bristol in the summer term and Year 5 to join Year 6 on a residential trip to Penzance, also in the summer term.
Keep checking this webpage to see the exciting learning opportunities we will experience this year.