Welcome to Kilmar class, we are a fun filled, hard working group of pupils in Year 4 and Year 5. Over the summer holidays we have been on the move! Our class has relocated to be along the corridor from Trewortha class (Year 6) and we are very grateful to all of the staff and parents who willingly gave up their time to create such a brilliant learning environment. Thank you!
The staff in Kilmar this year are;
- Class teacher – Mrs Young (currently on leave)
- Class teacher – Mrs Morris
- Higher level teaching assistant – Mr Waters
- Morning teaching assistant – Mrs Milne
- Afternoon teaching assistant – Mr Sparks
- 1:1 teaching assistants – Mrs Beckly, Mrs Drake & Mrs Taylor
To start the year in style we have chosen to learn about robots within our class topic entitled Rise of the Robots. In computing lessons, will be discovering how to program a simple robot to follow directions for a particular purpose. We’ll become master electricians by learning how circuits work and what their uses in robotics are. Getting creative, we will explore the work of artist Eric Joyner and produce our own versions of his masterpieces, which feature various robots (and doughnuts!). As well as all of this, we will also have daily maths and literacy lessons, two sessions of PE a week, guided reading time, RE lessons and Discovery Learning on Friday afternoons – phew, a jam packed timetable!
Things to note;
- Homework will be set every Friday and collected every Thursday. The tasks will consist of spelling practice, times table practice and a maths or punctuation/grammar task. Occasionally, the maths homework will be set via the Active Learn website. Alternatively, it may take the form of a work sheet, a challenge question or mini research project.
- PE sessions will be every Tuesday and Friday during the autumn term so please have the appropriate kit in school.
- Group spelling tests will now take place every Friday morning.
- There will be the opportunity for Year 4 pupils to go on a residential trip to Bristol in the summer term and Year 5 to join Year 6 on a residential trip to Penzance, also in the summer term.
Keep checking this webpage to see the exciting learning opportunities we will experience this year.