Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
There were 17 pupils in the EYFS cohort for 2015-16.
Good Level of Development (GLD):
Year 1 Phonics Screening
There were 18 pupils in the Year 1 cohort for 2015-16.
- Cornwall – 80% of pupils passed the screening check
- 100% of Y2 pupils (3) passed the retake
Key Stage 1 SATs
There were 12 pupils in the Year 2 cohort for 2015-16.
There is a statutory requirement to report on the progress of Year 2 pupils (KS1). Though this data helps the school to develop a clearer picture of performance, this data does not appear in published performance tables. As you may be aware, pupils in other year groups take part in formal assessments at different times during the year. This data is used by the school to monitor and evaluate the progress of individual and groups of pupils.
Table to show percentage of pupils achieving the nationally expected standard and above in Reading, Writing and Maths at KS1:
Key Stage 2 SATs
There were 16 pupils in the Year 6 cohort for 2015-16.
Year 6 pupils complete standard assessment tests (SATs) during May each year. The tests assess a pupil’s ability in both Literacy and Maths. Pupils will be assessed as to whether they have achieved the expected standard in Maths and separately in a) Reading, b) Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling and c) Writing. Apart from Writing, which is assessed by the teacher, all other tests are sent away to be marked. The results of these tests form the basis of the Department for Education’s KS2 performance tables.
Please find this information by following the DfE link below.
Table to show percentage of pupils achieving the nationally expected standard and above in Reading, Writing and Maths at KS2:
* National = 0.0
- 44% (national = 53%) of pupils reached the new expected standard in reading, writing and maths
- Average scaled score in Reading: LPS – 107/Cornwall – 102.8/National – 103
- Average scaled score in GPS: LPS – 101/Cornwall – 102.9/National – 104
- Average scaled score in Maths: LPS – 104/Cornwall – 102.1/National – 103